Students must have the following qualifications to register for JUS 496, PSC 496 or PAD 496 internship classes:
- Faculty member who will attest to his/her character and ability to successfully complete the internship.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 in their major, Criminal Justice, Political Science, or International Studies and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 as calculated by NKU.
- Successful completion of JUS 101 and 9 credit hours of core courses for criminal justice majors. Political science majors must have completed 12 credit hours of core courses. International studies and public administration students must have consent of the internship coordinator.
- Junior or senior status
- Other factors considered include, but are not limited to:
- Number and type of criminal justice/political science-related courses completed before the semester the internship is scheduled
- Nature of the internship
- Perceived ability of student to successfully complete the internship
The student must have the permission and support of the internship coordinator. The student must intern a minimum of 200 hours during the semester for three credit hours, 134 hours for two credit hours or 67 hours for one credit hour. Please review the syllabus below for a detailed list of requirements.
JUS 496/ PSC 496/ PAD 496 Syllabus (pdf)