Student learning outcomes:
- Identify the topic and related information in short informational and fictional texts.
- Identify the main idea in short conversations.
- Create simple sentences and ask appropriate follow-up questions during interactions.
- Discuss familiar topics by creating simple sentences and asking appropriate follow-up questions.
- Present personal information using simple sentences.
- Express preferences and explain feelings about familiar topics using simple sentences.
All courses are offered face-to-face, but some are also offered on-line. Check with the department for the latest information.
Students with prior study of the language can take the WebCAPE placement test to test into 102 or higher courses, and receive free retroactive credit for the courses they skip as part of our World Language Incentive Program (WLIP).