Commencement is next month – we hope to see you in-person to celebrate!
Key commencement details to share with your friends and family members:
- BB&T Arena is now Truist Arena. The name of NKU’s on-campus arena venue recently changed due to a banking merger.
- Tickets and seating: there is no limit on the number of guests who may attend, tickets are not required. Seating is open on a first come, first served basis.
- COVID-19 protocols: please note that facial coverings are now optional across NKU’s campus, including at commencement.
- Doors open one hour prior to the start of the ceremony for both guests and graduates. There will not be early admittance, so please plan arrival accordingly.
- Bags: all attendees will be subject to a standard bag check at the arena entrances. No outside food or drink is permitted in Truist Arena (visit the arena website for full list of prohibited items).
- Parking is open and free all over campus on May 7.
- For a campus map and driving directions, visit map.nku.edu.
- Guests may be dropped off in the circle drive by the flagpoles at the main entrance to the arena. Guests may also enter via the East Gate off Lot O behind the arena.
- Watch online: commencement ceremonies will also be streamed live – virtual guests should visit nku.edu/commencement on May 7 for the live stream. The videos will be posted afterwards on NKU’s YouTube channel.
What graduates can expect the day of the ceremony:
- Arrival: graduates should plan to arrive at the arena at 8:15 AM or 1:15 PM, respectively.
- Enter via the Vault entrance of the arena (volunteers and staff will direct you).
- Pick up your name card in graduate check in, which you’ll keep with you until you cross the stage during the ceremony. You will then be directed to your college’s lineup room, where staff will help you line up in the correct order.
- Personal items cannot be left in the lineup room – either keep them with you on the arena floor or give them to your guests to hold for you.
- Graduates will formally process onto the arena floor when the ceremony starts. Ushers and staff will direct you where and when to go during the ceremony, there is no rehearsal for graduates.
- Ushers will direct you to the stage during the part of the ceremony when names are called. Each attending student will have their individual name called as they walk across stage.
- Photos will be taken of each graduate by GradImages. Proofs will be emailed to you 3-5 days after the ceremony if you’d like to purchase photos.
- All graduates return to their seats after crossing the stage for the duration of the ceremony.
- At the end of the ceremony, graduates will formally recess out of the arena together.
Visit www.nku.edu/commencement for the most up to date information about the commencement ceremonies, including guest policies and seating, accessibility and parking, COVID-19 health and safety protocols, social media cover photos, FAQ and more.
Have a great day!
Director of Special Events
Assistant Director of Special Events