Historic Log Cabin Outdoor Classroom
Northern Kentucky University in conjunction with ESI and the NKU Public History program are teaming up for the restoration and reuse of the 1850 Log School House on the NKU Campus. The cabin was brought to the campus in the late 1970s as a symbol of how much education had changed in the commonwealth. The structure remained idle for a number of years until restoration work began in the fall of 2013. The restored building will be used as an outdoor learning space as part of an environmentally friendly re-visioning of the campus grounds near the cabin. Current plans include restored natural plants and trees, environmental work stations, new habitats for birds and even a place for public art.