We offer a variety of free training sessions on software throughout the year for the professional development of faculty and staff.
We offer traditional, in-person class sessions, online classes and one-on-one consultations depending on the software and the needs of the user.
- Microsoft Office including classes specific to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Adobe AEM - for maintaining NKU websites
- Qualtrics - for creating surveys
- Adobe Muse - for creating personal websites
Self-paced, online classes:
- Introduction to myNKU & SAP GUI (INT 100)
- Introduction to Business Warehouse Reporting (BW 100)
- Advisor Tab Training - Basic (CM 200)
- Academic Advising - Course Registration (CM 201)
- Event Planning (CM 300)
- Time Administration (HR 200)
- Personnel Action Requests (HR 201)
- Purchase Requisitions & Parked Vendor Invoices (FI 200-201)
- Travel (FI 203)
- Reporting & Budget Transfers (FI 300)
- Foundation Reporting (FI 301)
- Cost Center Reconciliation (FI 500)
- Adobe AEM - maintaining NKU websites
- Hoonuit (formerly Atomic Learning) - NKU offers access to video tutorials on hundreds of software titles through a subscription to Hoonuit
Specialized instruction by request:
- One-on-one consultations - private consultations with a trainer can be requested by contacting email@example.com.
- Development of training materials - your department can request the creation of training courses and/or documentation on software specifically used by your department.
Website and documentation support:
We offer a variety of support websites and online documentation for supported applications, including myNKU & SAP GUI, the Microsoft Office suite and web editing tools. Support documentation is available on-demand and reviewed on a regular basis for accuracy.
Classes related to academic technology (Canvas, Kaltura, Tegrity, etc.) are offered by the Center for Innovation and Technology in Education (CITE), a division of Steely Library. Registration for those classes is available through the same registration system. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on those classes.
Students can access Hoonuit.
Register for in-person class
Register for online class: