The Student Ambassador Program aids the Office of LGBTQ P & S with the development of programs and initiatives intended to better the campus climate for LGBTQA students, faculty, and staff. A successful LGBTQA Student Ambassador will:
· Carry out the mission of the LGBTQ Programs & Service office and the Center for Student Inclusiveness.
· Serve as a representative of LGBTQ P&S and CSI.
· Serve as a point of contact for those visiting the LGBTQ P & S office.
· Maintain regular office hours in the Center for Student Inclusiveness.
· Work on campus climate initiatives in tandem with LGBTQ P & S staff.
· Develop leadership through programming and collaborative endeavors, including planning and supporting various events throughout the 2017 – 2018 academic year.
· Assist in creating and supporting programming for LGBTQ History Month and LGBTQ Pride Week.
· Assist with Social Media and LGBTQ P & S website updates.
· Co-facilitate Allied Zone trainings, Trans Ally Trainings, and Speak Out Panels as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be an undergraduate student and have completed at least 1 year at NKU.
· Demonstrated interest and knowledge of LGBTQA issues.
· Outstanding communication, leadership, and active listening skills.
· Passion and motivation for improving campus climate for LGBTQA individuals.
· Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Responsible to: Director of LGBTQ Programs & Services and Coordinator of LGBTQ Programs & Services
Check back in Fall 2018 for the 2019-2020 Student Ambassador Application!