Dear Campus Community:
As you know, Dr. Lisa Rhine has served as the interim vice president for student affairs since July, 2011. The position was left in an interim status until my hiring. Now that I have had an opportunity to get better acclimated to the university, it is time to begin our national search for the position.
It is important when conducting national searches for senior leadership positions to do so openly and transparently. We have many talented people at the university, so I encourage our internal professionals to apply for all open university positions. In that regard, I am pleased that Dr. Rhine has told me she intends to be a candidate in the search.
I have appointed a search committee. Gerry St. Amand, vice president for university advancement, has agreed to chair the search committee. Committee members include:
· Gerry St. Amand, search committee chair, vice president for university advancement
· Ann James, associate dean of students, student affairs
· Arnie Slaughter, director of university housing, student affairs
· Barbara Sween, director of heath, counseling and prevention, student affairs
· J. Patrick Moynahan, vice provost, university programs, academic affairs
· Paul Orscheln, associate vice president for enrollment management, academic affairs
· Bethany Bowling, assistant professor, biological sciences, academic affairs
· Jason Willis, chief, university police, administration and finance
· Mayra Guzman Orozco, student
We will launch a website with additional information on the search later this month. The web address will be http://vpstudentaffairssearch.nku.edu.
Geoffrey S. Mearns
Northern Kentucky University
800 Lucas Administrative Center
Highland Heights, KY 41099