Skip to main content
Apostille (Diploma/Transcript Authentication)*
NKU graduates who plan to work or further their education abroad may need to authenticate their degree(s) and transcripts.  This process is often referred to as an Apostille, which is the verification and legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the Hague Convention.*

To request an Apostille document, please do the following:

1. Submit a duplicate diploma and/or transcript request and place an order for hold to pick up of the required documents.

2. Send an email to titled; "Apostille Request" and include the following:

  • Request to Apostille Diploma and/or Offical Transcripts
  • Include your orders number(s)
  • The address to ship the noterized douments

Please allow additional time for processing and receipt of apostille diplomas and transcripts due to the additional requirements. Once you receive the notarized diplomas, you would then need to do the fol,lwoing:

*It is imperative that you verify the specific documents and authentication required by the receiving country. More information regarding authentication of American academic credentials for use abroad is available at the U.S. Department of State website.

**For those countries that do not recognize the Hague Convention or that do
not accept the apostille, the U.S. Department of State has an Office of Authentications which can provide a federal authentication. Please note: if federal authentication is required, you must be sure to request the documents be returned to you, in order for you to complete the process.