Skip to main content

Change Permanent/Local Address or
Contact Telephone Number

To update your Current, Permanent, and/or Diploma Address or your Contact Telephone Number in the Northern Kentucky University administrative system, please log onto your myNKU account and complete the change online. Select Student Self Service - My Info - Change Address. Please note that updating your address may impact your fee assessment/residency status. 

If you would like step by step instructions, please review the Change Address or Contact Telephone Number Reference Card.


Change Name

If you are an undergraduate or graduate student, please fill out the online Name Change Form. If you are a Chase Law student, please fill out the Chase online Name Change Form.

If you have not requested a name change with the Social Security Administration, please apply for a new Social Security Card with the nearest Social Security Office. (Note: You will need to bring an original legal document reflecting your new name to support your request for the name change. Examples of accepted legal documents include a birth certificate, marriage license, divorce decree, etc.) Once you receive your new social security card, please bring it to the appropriate office.


Change Social Security Number

To change your Social Security Number in the Northern Kentucky University administrative system, you must submit your new Social Security Card and supporting documents (Picture ID, Court Documents...) with the Social Security Number Change Form online.

Student employees should go to the Human Resources office. Federal regulations require employers to validate that each employee's name on file exactly matches the name which appears on the individual's Social Security Card to ensure proper tax reporting.

If you have any questions or concerns, please call the appropriate office.

For additional information on how to apply for, replace, correct, or change your name on your Social Security Card, please visit the official website of the Social Security Administration.