Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), based on the national guidance on physical distancing, and to remain in compliance with university and state policies, the SCRA staff are working a modified schedule of in-person hours.
Our office in SU 301 is open during NKU business hours, but not all staff are present. We will be checking email daily, and will respond to you as we are able.
The office of Student Conduct, Rights & Advocacy (SCRA) at Northern Kentucky University (NKU) encourages students to live and learn in a way that is consistent with NKU’s Core Values and the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities. Through the student conduct process, educational outreach efforts, as well as by supporting students’ success, SCRA prepares students to be engaged stewards of the NKU community.
The goal of the student conduct process is to promote student learning, healthy choices, and a positive community mindset. The ways in which we accomplish this are:
- Providing an avenue for individuals who have been impacted by a student’s behavior to voice their concerns and request redress through the student conduct process.
- Balancing the individual rights of students with their responsibilities as members of the many communities to which they belong, including the university and local community.
- Maintaining an equitable and inclusive process that promotes mutual respect.
- Assisting students in understanding and navigating the student conduct process by providing them with resources and information regarding their rights and options.
- Holding students accountable for their behavior in a fair, impartial, and consistent manner.
- Designing intentional sanctions that foster reflection, growth, and positive behavior change while taking into account each student’s individual experiences and circumstances.
- Helping students to reflect on the impact their choices can have, both on their current student experience and on their future opportunities.
If you are a student who is experiencing academic or socially disruptive circumstances (such as a family emergency, personal illness or other difficult situation) and needs assistance, please reach out to our office. We can connect you with resources to provide support and assistance.