Please use the appropriate incident report form below to report issues to our office.  These forms should not be used in situations where immediate attention is required.  Do not use this form to report an emergency/immediate threat. If you require emergency assistance, call 911 or University Police at  859-572-7777.

Report a Student Conduct incident here

Student conduct incidents include any behavior that is not related to academic dishonesty.  If you have questions about whether a behavior is considered a violation, please contact the Office of Student Conduct, Rights, and Advocacy, or 859-572-5147.  

Report Relationship Violence, Sexual Misconduct, or Stalking incident here

If you are a student who believes you have been or are the victim of sexual harassment, including sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking or other sexual misconduct, you may report such conduct or file a complaint under Title IX with a Deputy Title IX Coordinator by completing this report. If you are a Responsible Employee, you have an obligation to report relationship violence, sexual misconduct or stalking to the university.

NKU Community Care Report here

Please use this form to notify the Office of Student Conduct, Rights & Advocacy at Northern Kentucky University of a student or student(s) experiencing academically or socially disruptive situations and concerns. Please include as much information as you can so that we can best determine how to address the situation including behavior and circumstances of which you are aware.  We will connect the student with resources to provide support and assistance. If you have questions about a student referral, please contact the Office of Student Conduct, Rights, and Advocacy, or 859-572-5147.


Students who believe they have either been the target of bias-motivated conduct or have witnessed a bias-motived incident against a fellow student should report such conduct using the online Bias-Motivated Incident Report form, located on the website of NKU's Office of Inclusive Excellence linked above. For more information contact the Office of Inclusive Excellence at (859) 572-6630.

Report an Accident at NKU here

This accident incident report form should be used by all faculty, staff, students, contractors, and visitors to report ANY incident that either results in bodily injury, illness, or an accident that could have resulted in bodily injury (a near miss) that occured at Northern Kentucky University (NKU). This form must also be filled out to report property damage resulting from such an incident.  Please make sure to read all information about the form before completing/submitting it.  

For information regarding Board of Claims click here.

Report a Tobacco Free Policy Violation here

The Northern Kentucky University community deserves a healthy place in which to learn, work, live, and visit. A mindful campus environment involves continued awareness of various health risks and adverse environmental conditions. We support initiatives that enhance the well-being of our campus community consisting of faculty, staff, students, guests, visitors, and contractors.  Violations of the tobacco free policy will be addressed by the appropriate administrative departments. Concerns about tobacco use will be respectfully addressed. Support resources are available for employees and students at the Wellness Website.

Student Complaints and Appeals 

Students are encouraged to resolve complaints through existing NKU policies and procedures; however, should this approach fail or be inappropriate, students may submit written complaints to the office of Student Conduct, Rights & Advocacy through this link: Student Complaints Form

If the complaint/concern is a matter of safety, is a possible crime, or is an emergency, do not report it here; contact NKU Police at (859) 572-7777 (on-campus) or call 911 (off-campus).

Anonymous complaints can be submitted through this form, though if you do report
anonymously, it may limit NKU's ability to conduct a full investigation in an effort to resolve your matter of concern.

Once received, the complaint will be forwarded to the appropriate academic area or administrative unit for review. Complaints are respected and honored. No reprisals or retaliation shall be invoked against any student for processing, in good faith, a complaint or for participating in any way in these complaint procedures. All submissions will be kept confidential to the extent possible given the need to investigate the complaint, maintain campus safety, and comply with federal, state, or local mandates.”

To file a consumer complaint against a Kentucky postsecondary institution

Please write a letter to the address below or submit your complaint via and include the following information:

  1. Name of student (or complainant)
  2. Complainant address
  3. Email address
  4. Phone number
  5. Name of institution
  6. Location of institution (city)
  7. Dates of attendance
  8. A full description of the problem, any relevant documentation that will support the complaint such as correspondence, and the desired outcome.

Mailing Address:

Institutional Complaints
Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 320
Frankfort, KY 40601

For students taking NKU courses in the State of Ohio 

Ohio residents and out of state students residing in SARA states may choose to file a written complaint with the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE). The ODHE is responsible for responding to non-instructional complaints against public, independent non-profit and proprietary institutions of higher education in Ohio.

You may also contact our accrediting agency the Southern Association of Colleges and School Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) if you have a concern about the institutional accreditation status. The Commission’s complaint policy, procedures, and complaint form are available at: