The collection contains blueprints for the George Wiedemann Brewing Company of 601 Columbia Street, Newport, Kentucky. It opened shortly before 1870, as the John Butcher Brewery and then the Butcher & Wiedemann Jefferson Street Brewery. The Wiedemann breweries primary brands were Wiedemann Bohemian Special Beer and Royal Amber Beer.
Wiedemann merged with G. Heileman Brewing Company in 1967, and was operated as Wiedemann Division, G. Heileman Brewing Company, Inc. The primary brands were Wiedemann Fine Beer, Royal Amber Beer, Blatz Beer/Cream Ale and other assorted Heileman labels. The brewery closed in 1983.