NKU R.O.C.K.S. Lead Mentors are held to a high standard and will be expected to aid in program planning and facilitation of the NKU R.O.C.K.S. Program, training of new NKU R.O.C.K.S. Mentors, and be brand ambassadors for the NKU R.O.C.K.S. program and AASI.
You will be expected to always convey a sense of community that is a part of the NKU community and of the AASI family. Many times, the NKU R.O.C.K.S. program is the first opportunity students get to see our student leaders in action, so we want to ensure they have the best experience possible!
• Serve as a positive representative of NKU while fostering a welcoming environment
• NKU R.O.C.K.S. Lead Mentors are responsible with building community with their fellow mentors, and with the NKU R.O.C.K.S. Scholars! It will be your job to foster an environment that helps incoming students to develop an identity as a part of the NKU community.
• Serve as a foundational member of Lead NKU R.O.C.K.S. Scholars network, connecting them to resources during and after they complete the NKU R.O.C.K.S. Program!
• Hold office hours in the AASI office (7-10 hours per week).
• Coordinate “family” meetings, NKU R.O.C.K.S. Reunions, and End of the Year program.
• Assist with AASI Programming
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Be enrolled at NKU and possess a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
• Must have completed at least ONE year as a NKU R.O.C.K.S. Mentor.
• Be classified as a junior or senior.
• Be involved in at least one extracurricular activity on campus or in the surrounding community.