Joining the Fraternity and Sorority Life community can feel daunting. Learning the "language" will help interested students maximize their opportunities to get involved in a community.
- Active: A fully initiated member of a chapter who is in good standing.
- Alumna or Alumnus: Any initiated member of a sorority or fraternity who has graduated from college.
- Badge/Pin: Worn on the chest to designate an initiated or new member of a certain fraternity or sorority.
- Bid: A formal invitation to join a sorority or fraternity.
- Big Sister/Brother: An older member that serves as a role model and resource to a new member.