- NKU Students, Staff and Faculty can be seen and evaluated by a Registered Nurse. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, we can no longer take walk-ins, an APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED- please call (859) 572-5650 to schedule to see an RN or to talk to an RN about your symptoms or requests.
- There is no charge to see the Registered Nurse unless lab testing is done.
- Patients are seen Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. and on Thursdays from 9:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. (Hours may vary due to COVID 19. Please see the Health, Counseling, and Student Wellness home page for updated information.)
Registered Nurses can provide:
- Basic First Aid for minor wounds
- Blood Pressure monitoring
- Confidential Pregnancy test*
- Blood Sugar testing*
- COVID-19 testing*
- Flu Vaccines*
- Venipuncture for titers*
- Over-the-counter medications
- Referrals to the Nurse Practitioner or to services in the community
- Strep Throat screening*
- Mono testing*
- Rapid HIV testing (by appointment only)
- TB skin testing or assessment*
- Urinary Tract Infection testing (urinalysis)*
- Vision screenings
* Fee for these services- see list of fees
Other services are available by appointment: Please visit Nurse Practitioner Services.
The campus RNs can also give presentations on various health topics whenever possible by prior arrangement.
Request a presenter