Following a First Infraction
- The Dean of Students Office will contact Health, Counseling, and Student Wellness to provide the Prevention Coordinator with referred students' names for reporting student compliance.
- The referring office will provide the student with information explaining the referral process, fees, class times, deadlines, and contact information.
- The student will be notified by letter as to the PREP session he/she is to attend.
- There is a fee for the class which will be applied to the student's account. Non-attendance will result in additional fees.
- Classes run from 2 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. Any student arriving after 2 p.m. is required to reschedule for the next alcohol education session. Students will not be admitted into the classroom after 2 p.m.
- A compliance report will be sent to the appropriate office upon completion of all requirements.
Following a Second Infraction
- The referring office will notify the Prevention Coordinator and the student will be instructed to arrange a mandated assessment. During the initial intake session, the student will be administered the SASSI-3 (Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory), which provides a decision rule regarding the likelihood of a substance use disorder.
- The results of the SASSI-3 will be discussed with the student at a second appointment. This information will allow the Prevention Coordinator to make any necessary recommendations and/or referrals for substance abuse treatment.
Classes are run by Siobhan Ryan-Perry, M.S.W., L.C.S.W., C.A.D.C., Alcohol and Other Drug Clinician.