Skip to main content

If you require emergency assistance, call University Police at 911 or (859) 572-7777.  DO NOT USE ANY OF THE BELOW FORMS TO REPORT EMERGENCIES.  


Reporting a Crime

University Police investigates all criminal activity, vehicle collisions, missing persons, and other traditional police concerns on NKU property.  We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and strongly encourage anyone who wishes to report an incident (even if you are unsure if it is a police matter) to call us at (859) 572-5500.    

Anonymous reports of criminal activity can be made using our Crime Tip Form.

Criminal Charges

Reporting a crime does not automatically result in criminal charges.  In the Commonwealth of Kentucky, most misdemeanor offenses must be witnessed by an officer in order for the officer to immediately charge a suspect with a crime.  When an officer has not witnessed the incident, the victim must initiate prosecution by filing a written complaint with the county attorney's office. University Police is always willing to assist anyone in this process.

Reporting a Student Conduct Incident

Student conduct incidents include any behavior prohibited by the Student Code of Conduct that is not related to academic dishonesty.  If you have questions about whether a behavior is considered a violation, please contact the Office of Student Conduct, Rights and Advocacy, or 859-572-5147.  

Student Conduct incident reports can be completed on their webpage.

Reporting an accident at NKU

This accident incident report form should be used by all faculty, staff, students, contractors, and visitors to report ANY incident that either results in bodily injury, illness, or an accident that could have resulted in bodily injury (a near miss) that occurred at Northern Kentucky University. This form must also be filled out to report property damage resulting from such an incident.  Please make sure to read all information about the form before completing and submitting it.  Please note, this form is NOT a police report.  Some incidents may require both a police report and accident incident report.  

Questions about this form can be directed to the Office of Safety and Emergency Management.