Weapons include, but are not limited to
- Martial arts weapons
- Knives (other than those necessary for cooking or approved university activities, including ROTC)
- Bows and arrows
- Air guns
- Shot guns
- BB guns
- "Deadly weapons" as defined by K.R.S. 500.080(4).
- Any explosive, incendiary or poison gas bomb
- Similar devices, including the unassembled components from which such a device can be made.
[Reference K.R.S. 237.030(1)]
When Weapons Are Discovered
- All weapons, except those permited by K.R.S. 527.020, are subject to seizure by the University Police Department and held for safe keeping pursuant to established departmental procedures.
- Weapons seized by individuals, duly licensed to carry concealed weapons pursuant to KRS 237 shall be returned to said individual upon request and proof of their valid license. Return shall be made at the University Police Department.
- Any university faculty, staff, or student determined to have violated this policy is guilty of misconduct and subject to disciplinary action.