Statistics and Job Outlook
The following links point towards information on the job outlook for students with degrees in anthropology:
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Anthropology Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2011, 19-3091 Anthropologists and Archeologists
- AAA/CoPAPI 2009 MA Career Survey The American Anthropological Association/Committee on Practicing, Applied, and Public Interest Anthropology survey on career paths of anthropologists holding master's degrees.
- Science Careers: Anthropologist Gives an overview of anthropological careers and the projected need/demand for future anthropological related jobs, along with salary.
- Anthropology This website provides you with information on the job outlook for anthropologists, as well as base salary statistics and what skills would be expected from someone looking into anthropology as a career.
- Career Planning; Anthropologist: Career Information An about.com description of the typical salary, career potential and typical day for an Anthropologist, or some one who majored in Anthropology, what kind of jobs are open to them.
- Career Builder Salary calculator for anthropologists.
- O Net Online Job outlook for Anthropologists and Archeologists
- Anthropologists at Work: Responses to Student Questions About Anthropology Careers Answers the specific question, “how high is the demand for anthropologists” and other key questions
- Mentor Match With this link, mentees receive useful guidance in defining career goals, customizing resumes, and developing a valuable professional network.
- Anthropologists and Archeologists - What They Do Scholarships “Anthropologists and Archeologists will be one of the fastest growing occupations” with a 15% growth rate.
- Anthropology The majority of job growth for anthropologists and archaeologists will be in management, scientific, and the technical consulting services industry.
- Anthropologist: Duties & Salary Describes salaries in Anthropology and how much jobs will be increasing in the years to come
- Is there a job growth in Anthropology? What the future looks like for Anthropology students.