Alpha Kappa Delta National Sociology Honors Society
Alpha Kappa Delta International Sociology Honor Society was founded in 1920 to promote human welfare through a fellowship group interested in developing scientific knowledge that may be applied to the solution of social problems.
Students inducted into AKD will receive an honor cord to wear at graduation, framed certificate, life-time membership in AKD and a year's subscription to "Sociological Inquiry."
To become a member, a student must:
- Be an officially declared sociology major or demonstrate a serious interest in sociology within an official program of the host institution.
- Be at least a junior (third year) by standards of the host institution.
- Shall rank in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship. If class rank is not readily available to a chapter representative, in lieu of class rank, students shall have accumulated the equivalent of an overall grade point average of at least 3.3 by a four point scale where: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0.
- Have maintained the equivalent of a 3.0 GPA in sociology courses taken at the host institution prior to initiation.
- Have completed at least four regular courses in sociology prior to initiation (exclusive of extension or courses graded pass/fail).
For more information, please contact our current faculty sponsor(s).