Skip to main content

The majority of dual-credit courses taught within a student's high school or that students are encouraged to take on campus will be classified as general education courses.

According to Kentucky state law, any student wishing to transfer to another public college/university within the state of Kentucky, general education classes will transfer as general education credit. For a copy of the state law regarding general education courses, please click on the button to the right. 

For students looking to attend a public college/university outside of Kentucky OR a private college/university, students are strongly encouraged to verify with any public/private institution the transferability of the dual-credit course(s) they are wanting to take. It is up to each receiving institution to determine how they will award credit for dual-credit coursework.