Under federal law, Family Educational and Privacy Rights (FERPA), you have the right to protest the amount of this bill if you believe the tuition, fees, or other charges are inaccurate. (20 U.S.C. 1232g(a)(2) and 34 CFR 99.20-99.22). If you wish to request a FERPA financial protest hearing with a Northern Kentucky University Hearing Officer, within twenty-one (21) days of the date on your pre-Department Of Revenue financial notice, you must:
1) In writing, explain the reason(s) that you dispute the charges to your account;
2) Attach a copy of all relevant documentation supporting your explanation;
3) Include your account number and current contact information (home address, telephone number, email address);
4) State whether you wish to appear in person or by telephone at the hearing; and
5) Mail your explanation and documents to:
Northern Kentucky University
Student Account Services
Attn: Larry McNickle
Lucas Administration Center – Room 235
Highland Heights, Kentucky 41099
NOTE: Hearings will not be granted on the grounds of inability to pay. Your name and account number must be included on all correspondence.
If no contact has been made within twenty-one (21) days of your pre-Department Of Revenue financial notice, your account will be referred to the Department of Revenue for collection pursuant to Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) 45.237, 45.238, and 45.241) without further notice. This may result in wage garnishments, bank levies, tax refund seizures or other collection actions. Additional collection penalties will be added to the total amount due to defray the cost of collections.