Handshake (formerly HireNKU) is NKU's centralized online employment database. Thank you for encouraging students to utilize Handshake to conduct their co-op/internship and post-graduation job searches. Students should log in HERE to complete their profiles, upload their resumes, start exploring job opportunities, sign-up for on-campus interviews, and research more than 600,000 employers in the Handshake network.
Students see faculty and staff as a helpful resource for many other aspects of their career development process, so we encourage you to review some of our other resources:
- Resume/Cover Letter Resources, click HERE
- InterviewStream (online practice interview software)
- Going Global (Career Guides for 40 countries, 47 USA Cities, and 29 Global Cities)
Please encourage students to use Handshake. Employers post positions daily. Please contact us if you would like to review Handshake yourself.
Handshake - Faculty/Staff Highlights
1. Saves Time
- Stores students’ resumes in one place that is easily accessible by employers.
- Employers are initially screened by Career Services staff before access is granted.
- Employers can post career-related positions (co-op, internship, and full-time) plus non-degree positions for free, across multiple majors/colleges.
- Select employers can email students directly about opportunities and invite them to apply.
- Faculty and staff can easily refer employers to one location.
2. Higher Return on Investment
- Students can view all positions in one place and have access to the full Handshake network of employers.
- Students are encouraged to participate in on-campus interviews, resulting in more internships and co-ops.
- Easier tracking – Career Services can tell you who is using the system, how often and the results of usage.
- Employers who have traditionally recruited in limited majors/programs are invited to career fairs and to recruit from additional majors/programs.
- A centralized database can provide contact information for employer contacts who may be available for classroom presentations, service learning, research needs, and more.
- Company contacts can indicate whether they are NKU alumni.
- Search for positions and industries for your classroom or research needs.
4. Faculty/Staff Account
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to create a student account if you are interested in exploring Handshake and experiencing the system as your students would! Visit Handshake, sign on using your NKU credentials, and select Register for a New Account to create a student profile.
- Faculty who teach internship and co-op courses managed in Handshake may also need an Administrative Handshake account.
- If you already have one, log into Handshake using your NKU username and password. You may need to click your name, then select Switch Users to change from your student account to your Career Services administrative account.
- To create a new administrative account, contact Career Services.
- If you have any questions, please contact Career Services at email@example.com.