Chalking is permitted by registered student organizations, University departments and registered students to promote campus events.
- Chalking for any purpose other than announcing campus events is prohibited unless permission is granted by Student Union management.
- Chalking messages must be written on horizontal sidewalks and fully exposed to the weather elements.
- Chalking must be written at least 30 feet from the entrance to any campus building.
- Chalking is not permitted on brick paving surfaces, buildings, signs, walls, pillars, posts, benches, planters, doors, windows, handrails, fountains, gates, bridges, trash receptacles, steps and light poles.
- Chalking is allowed for five (5) university business days. Cleanup must be conducted by the responsible party at the conclusion of the 5th business day. If chalking is not totally removed, there will be a charge for clean-up.
- Only water-soluble chalk may be used. Paint (latex or oil-based), spray/adhesive chalks, markers, inks or similar products are not permitted.