Skip to main content

Norse Violence Prevention Advocacy Services

NVP advocates can confidentially answer questions, provide information about options, and help with safety planning. Survivors have a right to include an advocate in meetings with university administrators and law enforcement, in medical appointments, and in court proceedings.


  • Support and information on options and resources
  • Safety planning
  • Hospital advocacy
  • Academic accommodations
  • Housing accommodations (on campus)
  • Assistance with reporting (on and off campus)
  • Others, based on situation

Who are my campus advocates?

The NVP Center office hours are 8:15am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Feel free to stop by our office on the 2nd floor of Albright Health Center, Suite 246. You may also reach out by phone or e-mail or provide your contact information below to have an advocate contact you directly.

Who are my campus advocates?

Your campus advocates are Kendra Massey and Emily Wright.

What does an advocate do?

So much! An advocate can help you navigate your own situation related to dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking. Your advocate can assist you with reporting (or not reporting - your choice) options, academic support,working with University Police and other campus officials, safety planning, emotional support, finding off-campus support, programming and events, and more.

Is advocacy the same thing as therapy?

While there are similarities between advocacy and therapy (grounding, coping skills, and active listening), therapy is a longer-term resource for processing past and present trauma as well as addressing mental health concerns. Advocacy is most helpful in short-term or crisis intervention situations, when survivors need assistance navigating campus and community resources.

How do I reach my advocate?

Kendra and Emily are available in-person on campus Monday through Friday from 8:15am - 4:30pm in Albright Health Center 246. Both are also available via Zoom or by calling the office at (859) 572-5865.

Can I text or email my advocate?

Yes, you are always welcome to do so. Kendra and Emily know students are more likely to text or email for help rather than make a phone call. They try to respond to all texts or emails within 24 hours, Monday through Friday. Email either at or text tem at (859) 474-0148.

Is my advocate confidential?

Yes, advocacy services are absolutely confidential. Advocates are mandated reporters, which legally requires them to make a mandated report when child abuse or neglect is suspected, or if they feel you may harm yourself or others. Otherwise, your conversation stays between you and your advocate.

What is the Norse Violence Prevention Center?

NVP provides advocacy services to students impacted by sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking in addition topreventionn programming across campus.

What if I need help outside of office hours?

If you need help and are unable to reach Kendra or Emily, we encourage you to call or text our community partners at their toll free 24/7 hotlines listed below. These agencies serve all survivors of sexual assault, dating or domestic violence, and stalking - regardless of gender or other identities.

The Ion Center - Northern KY
(859) 491-3335 - 24 Hour Crisis line

Women Helping Women - Southwest OH
(513) 381-5610 - 24 Hour Crisis line

NKU Psychological Emergencies
(859) 572-7777 (University Police)
Ask for the counselor on call

This project was supported by Grant No. WA-2018-WA-AX-0006 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office of Violence Against Women.