Career Services works with employers on an individual and case-by-case basis to ensure quality customer service.
Handshake (our online recruiting and job-posting system) is reserved for professional, degree-related opportunities including paid and un-paid experiential educational positions. Opportunities that do not relate to a degree offered at NKU can be posted on an internal physical and electronic space for student viewing.
All employers are requested to follow EEOC recruitment and employment guidelines and laws and adhere to the NACE Principles of Professional Practice.
Please contact Amanda Meeker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Career Services (859) 572-5680 for further questions.
- Organizations must be deemed legitimate with verifiable business name, physical address, email address, phone number, website, and provide the name of a contact that can be reached. Start-ups and new organizations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Some organizations may be granted HireNKU “Jobs Only” access and will not be eligible for mass emailing.
- Career Services will not post positions that require students to advertise to, solicit and/or recruit other students. This includes Campus Ambassador and Brand Ambassador positions.
- Career Services may immediately revoke HireNKU access for any organization if any of the following conditions are present:
- The specific opportunity or the nature or status of the company suggests that it is inappropriate for the service population
- Misrepresentation, whether by dishonest information or absence of information
- Harassment of NKU students, alumni, faculty, or staff
- Students are injured or exposed to unsafe working conditions related to the employer’s employment opportunities
- Failure to adhere to Career Services policies
- Violation of Northern Kentucky University policies or local, state, or federal laws
- If Career Services receives student or faculty/staff complaints about discrimination, harassments, threats, unsafe working conditions, or other questionable circumstances
The following will not be granted access:
- Organizations charging a fee (other than professional licensure) for any service or listing.
- Franchising opportunities.
- Commission-only opportunities.
- Any 1099 opportunities.
- Multi-level marketing (MLM) organizations.
- Any organization whose nature of business or mission violates or potentially violates the NKU Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
Career Services may provide direct assistance to third-party recruiters under the following definition and guidelines:
- National Association of Colleges and Employers’ defines third-party recruiters and organizations as: “…agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for temporary, part-time or full-time employment opportunities other than for their own needs. This includes entities that refer or recruit for profit or not for profit, and it includes agencies that collect student information to be disclosed to employers for purposes of recruitment and employment.”
- Charges no fees to the applicants.
- Reveals to Career Services the identity of the employer being represented and the nature of the relationships between the agency and the employer and permits verification of this information by contacting the named client.
- Provides a position description for valid requisitions.
- Career Services may require the name of the employer being represented to be identified on announcements.