The best way to recruit new talent is by On-Campus Interviewing. Conducting interviews on campus:
- Gives your organization and position(s) visibility.
- Establishes credibility with the students and faculty.
- Saves time by allowing you to interview a large group of pre-qualified candidates.
- Maximizes resources by allowing you to have more than one interviewer.
- Allows for the most effective use of Career Services as a partner.
Tips for Requesting Interviews:
- Request interviews 4-6 weeks in advance to allow time for you to market your opportunity.
- Pay special attention to how you post your job. This determines which student demographic can view your opportunity and apply.
- Request more than one preferred date to ensure availability.
- Conduct on-campus interviewing during the fall or spring – October/November and February/March are the best months. Contact us if this timeframe does not align with your recruiting cycle.
- On-campus interviews can be used for both co-op/internship and full-time/degree-required positions.
To Request an On-Campus Interview:
- NOTE: HireNKU was upgraded to a new platform in June 2018. New instructions are coming soon.
- Log into HireNKU.
- From your dashboard, select the Interviews tab from the left menu.
- For your reference, you will see any current (upcoming) interviews and your past interviews on this page.
- Click the Add Request + button on the upper right corner of the page.
- Select Interviews from the pop-up window.
- Enter all details related to your interview request. Attach job posting(s) by adding a new one or linking to your existing job posting(s). You can also use the interview request to copy and re-post a past job.
- Career Services will review your interview request and contact you via email.
- Once approved, you can manage your interviews (including resume drops, invitations, acceptance/scheduling, wait list, etc.) from the Interviews tab (the new schedule will appear under "Current").
Request your preferences:
- Open Schedule:
- Applicants meeting the qualifications of the position (set by the parameters chosen when you post the position on the system) may sign up for an interview timeslot.
- Timeslots are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Sign up deadline is set 2 days prior to the interview day to allow you time to receive and review resumes.
- Preselect Schedule:
- Applicants apply for the position and are reviewed by you first.
- You submit your picks through the system.
- Applicants are given access to the schedule to sign up for a timeslot.
- You are able to monitor all activity.
- Application and interview sign up deadlines are flexible.
- Use the ‘"Preferred interview schedule" field to indicate how long you would like each interview to last.
- If you do not see your preferred timeframe, let us know your needs in the Information Box.
- Please add a note if you want breaks outside of a lunch break.
- Room Only Schedule:
- Set your own schedule and reserve a room(s) for interviews.
Directions to Career Services
NKU Campus Map
NKU is a Tobacco-Free Campus
Employer Guide for Hiring International Students