Our office is located in room 301 of Lucas Administrative Center. We can be reached at 859-572-5143 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer financial assistance, except Federal Work-Study, requires summer enrollment.
Points to remember
- Summer financial assistance eligibility is based on the 2021-2022 FAFSA, and utilization of financial assistance during the academic year.
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time to receive Federal Direct Loans for summer.
- If eligible for the Federal Pell Grant during the summer term, the amount could vary depending on a student's hours enrolled.
- If seeking an alternative loan, students should reference their specific lender regarding enrollment requirements.
- Students beginning in Summer 2022 will need to complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA before June 30, 2022 to receive summer financial assistance.
Summer financial assistance is unique to each student's circumstance. In some cases, students who sat out a semester, went part-time or began mid-year may be able to utilize their unused financial assistance.
The awarding process for summer semester generally occurs in mid-April. Summer is treated as one term even though there are various start dates and registration periods.