Skip to main content
As a J-1 student, you are ultimately responsible for making sure you remain in immigration status during your time at NKU and as a non-immigrant in the United States. Explore the following categories to learn more about your J-1 visa type and the benefits that are available to you.

What is a J-1 Student?

A J-1 student is an international student whose study at a U.S. college or university is sponsored through the U.S. Department of State’s Exchange Visitor Program. Such students are given a J-1 visa type to pursue their studies.

Immigration Documents

In order to maintain your status as a J-1 student, it is important for you to become familiar with your immigration documents. Find out more about the documents required for J-1 students.