Skip to main content

Who needs to file taxes?

All F- and J-status students/scholars (and their dependents living with them) are required to file tax forms each year in the U.S. regardless of whether or not they earned income. Failure to do so could result in a violation of your immigration status. If you did earn money while working here, filing a tax form could mean a refund. ISSS hosts tax workshops throughout the year to assist students in filing taxes. View the information below to learn more.