All new academic programs (majors and certificates) are developed by faculty with several steps for review and approval by the university and by the Council for Postsecondary Education (CPE).
The four stages to approval include:
Step I - NOI Stage
- Initial idea presented to AAC.
- NOI - Submitted in Curriculog
- NOI - Submitted to CPE (If submitted prior to the 15th of the month it will be reviewed and approved on the 15th of the following month. If sumitted after the 15th of the month, it will be reviewed and approved on the 15th of the second month after submission.)
- Pre-preposal Development
Step II - Pre-Proposal Stage - (must be completed within 6 months of the NOI approval)
- Submit Pre-proposal to AAC approval,
- Upload document into Curriculog
- Submission to CPE - 30 day comment period.
- Develop Full Proposal - During 30 day comment period Full-proposal should be created, incorporating any information into the full proposal according to any comments received from the Pre-proposal 30 day comment period.
- Certificates do not go through the Full Proposal Process but must be entered into Curriculog to complete our Internal Process.
Step III - Full-Proposal Stage (must be completed within 6 months of the Pre-proposal approval)
- Iinput Full-Proposal into Curriculog
- Complete Internal approval process.
- BOR approval
- Submit Full-proposal into CPE system
Step IV - Internal and External Notifications
- Internal Notification via curriculog for all parties.
- External Notification handled by appropriate department.