Job Description: To represent ISRCA at relevant events and engage students, do classroom presentations as requested, table for ISRCA and assist in the ISRCA office. Students will be expected to attend a brief training/orientation each semester.
- Attend a mandatory training/orientation each semester
- Attend once a semester meetings with the ISRCA Director
- Activity participate in research and creative events throughout the year and talking about ISRCA and our programs (including UNV 101, other class presentations as requested, tabling events, student organization presentations, etc.
- Be knowledgeable about ISRCA programs and services
- Serve as a research/creative activity role model on campus
- Assist with Celebration events
- ***Ambassadors will never be asked to miss class to fulfill these responsibilities***
- Opportunity to share your experiences with future research and creative students.
- Build presentation and communication skills
- Be part of the research/creative activity community
- Networking opportunities
- Resume building experiences
- Each ambassador will receive a T-shirt, name tag and space to work in the ISRCA office on research and creative projects.
- Be in good standing with the University
- Have some type of research/creative experience
- Be currently enrolled in courses at NKU (graduate or undergraduate)
- Demonstrating a willingness to learn more about ISRCA, our programs and events
- Have effective public speaking and communication skills
- Students (both undergraduate and graduate) should submit a coversheet, a resume and a brief (max 500 words) statement about why they want to be an ambassador and how their relevant experience would contribute to engaging future students in research and/or creative activity.
- The application should be submitted as one PDF to ISRCA@nku.edu.
If you would like to have the Ambassadors come and talk to your group or class please contact:
The Institute for Student Research and Creative Activity at 859-572-6593 or email email@example.com.