Skip to main content

Please see the Procurement Services Brochure for information about our department.

*Important*  The vendor setup process can only be initiated after Procurement Services receives a Vendor Setup Request Form from an NKU department signed by a department head. Upon receipt of this form, Procurement Services will contact you requesting contact and tax information. You DO NOT have to be set up as an NKU Vendor to view / bid on current RFPs and Invitations to Bid in the NKU Planroom.  

To be added to our bidder’s list, please register on the NKU Digital Planroom. Be sure to include all applicable CSI codes for your company so that you may be automatically notified of any solicitations that may be of interest to your company. 

Please contact Ryan Straus (859) 572-6605 with any questions.

Foreign Corporations


The Legislative Research Commission (LRC) has established a policy requiring that foreign corporations, LLC’s, etc (businesses incorporated outside Kentucky) must be registered with the Secretary of State (SoS) in order to do business with an agency of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The following website has information on registration:

A foreign business must submit an application for a Certificate of Authority for their appropriate business type.

To be issued a Certificate of Authority by the SoS, a foreign company must also designate a registered agent with a Kentucky mailing address. For foreign companies that do not know anyone who can act as their registered agent, it is common to engage a professional registered agent. The following link contains information on registered agent companies: The annual fee is generally insignificant.

Occupational License




You are responsible for obtaining any required licenses from Campbell County or the City of Highland Heights for work performed under contract with Northern Kentucky University. You are advised to check with these governmental entities to determine if you are subject to taxation as well.

Northern Kentucky University does not administer the business license or collect this tax. It is the contractor’s liability. The University annually copies Campbell County/Highland Heights with the information we are required to furnish to the IRS. The report provided and our notification to contractors that they are subject to the licensing and taxing requirements is the sum-total of the University’s involvement with the process.

Northern Kentucky University was annexed by the City of Highland Heights in 2008. All contractors performing work for NKU must possess a Campbell County Occupational License and a City of Highland Heights Occupational License (administered by Campbell County) and must also pay applicable payroll taxes. For further information call 859.292.3884 or log onto:

Disadvantaged Business Enterprises

Northern Kentucky University is committed to serve as an advocate for minority, women and disabled-owned businesses in their efforts to conduct business. Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) consist of minority, women, and disabled business firms that are at least fifty-one percent owned and operated by an individual(s) of the aforementioned categories. Also included in this category are disabled business enterprises for the blind and severely disabled. Please see our brochure for more information.