Skip to main content

Program Change/Declaration

Before you begin the process to change your major or other program of study,
please note the following:

  • If your current program is non-degree you must change your status to degree-seeking through the application for admission process.
  • If you are undeclared you must successfully remediate your restrictions. For more information please contact your advisor in the First Year Student Success Hub at (859) 572-6900.
  • Ohio Reciprocity: the following programs are excluded from this tuition program – Early Childhood Education (Birth - Kindergarten) and Nursing.

Instructions for the Online Program Change/Declaration Form:

  • Log into myNKU and navigate to the Student Self-Service/Academics tab.
  • Click Program Change/Declaration in the Detailed Navigation pane, and carefully review the information and qualifications for changing or declaring a major, minor, focus, or certificate/certification.  Tools such as degree audit and links to your degree requirement catalog and a full list of undergraduate majors are available to assist you in examining your options and the degree requirements associated with them.
  • When you have determined that you are qualified and ready to change or declare your academic program(s), the Undergraduate Form link will lead you to the electronic form, where you can make the appropriate selections and submit your change/declaration request for approval of the college/department of your new program.  Detailed instructions for completing the electronic form can be found on the myNKU Help and Reference website.
  • After submitting your request, you will receive an email with more information.  You may also need to make an appointment with an academic advisor in your new college or department before your request will be approved.
  • You will receive a final email when the processing of your request is complete, and your program of study will be updated in myNKU.  If you need to cancel your request before processing is complete, refer to the myNKU Help and Reference website for instructions.