Skip to main content

The Greater Cincinnati Collegiate Connection (GC3)

What is the Greater Cincinnati Collegiate Connection?

GC3 is an alliance of 17 colleges and universities in the Greater Cincinnati Area. The organization was formed under the name of Greater Cincinnati Consortium for Colleges and Universities (GCCCU) in 1974 to promote cooperation and collaboration among its member colleges and universities.

Through association and collaboration, the members, strive to enhance the vitality of higher education and strengthen each individual institution, its faculty, its administration, and its student body.


College Phone
Art Academy of Cincinnati 513-562-8749

Chatfield College (including the Findlay Market Campus)


Cincinnati State Technical and Community College (including the Middletown and Harrison Campuses)


Gateway Technical and Community College 


God's Bible School & College


Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science


Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion


Miami University

Miami University - Hamilton  513-785-3210
Miami University - Middletown  513-727-3217

Mount St. Joseph University


Northern Kentucky University (including Chase College of Law)


The Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences


Thomas More University


Union Institute & University


*University of Cincinnati (including the Clermont College and Blue Ash College Campuses) 

513-556-6515 (all campuses)

Wilmington College (including the Cincinnati Campus)

513-382-6661 ext. 214 (all campuses)

Xavier University


* The University of Cincinnati will allow GC3 Cross Registration as follows:

  • Students enrolling in Air Force ROTC courses (AF 0000 - AF 9999)
  • Students enrolling in Military Science ROTC courses (MS 0000 - MS 9999)
  • Students enrolling in foreign languages other than French, German, or Spanish
  • Students enrolling in the following UC Band courses
    • ENSM 2071 Bearcat Marching Band
    • ENSM 2072 Bearcat Pep Band
    • ENSM 2073 Bearcat Concert Band
    • ENSM 2074 Bearcat Jazz Band
    • IENSM 2075 Bearcat Jazz Band
    • IIENSM 2076 Bearcat Concert Band
    • ENSM 2077 Advanced Bearcat Concert Band

What is cross-registration?

Cross-Registration is a program sponsored by GC3 which enables a matriculated, degree-seeking student at a GC3 member institution to take courses at another GC3 member institution. The student interested in cross-registering must be enrolled at least part-time at their "home" institution and must obtain all appropriate approvals from both the home and host institutions before registering. Students who cross-register pay the tuition at their home institution, but are responsible for course-related fees to the host institution.

Please view the Cross-Registration Policies and Procedures on the GC3 Website as well as contact the Registrar's Office at your "home" institution for more specific information.

How Do I Cross-Register?

You will first need to obtain approval to cross-register at another GC3 institution from the institution at which you are degree-seeking. Once you have obtained the appropriate approvals at your "home" institution, you will receive an approved Cross-Registration Form to take to the GC3 institution at which you want to cross-register.

You should contact the Registrar's Office at your "home" institution to obtain details on the approval process at the "home" institution. The Cross-Registration contact person at your "home" institution will be able to provide more detailed information regarding the contact person and the cross-registration procedures at the "host" institution.

Additional Information

Registration Information

Students begin the Cross Registration process at their home institution, then proceed to the host institution.  Students can register for courses at other GC3 institutions during the special times available for Cross Registration.  Those dates and times are available for each term or semester in each GC3 registration office.  Also, Cross Registration Forms with instructions are available in each registration office.  Students must have the approval of their academic advisor, and appropriate signatures from the home and host institution to complete their registration.  Information on courses available at GC3 institutions is available in each member institution's registration office.

Grades and Credit

When a student participates in Cross Registration, credit earned is automatically sent to their home institution and processed.  Please note however that if a student has a transcript hold against their account, the host school may not be able to send a transcript to the home school until after the hold has been removed.  NKU accepts grades from Cross Registration courses.  Students visiting NKU from other GC3 institutions should check with their home institution's Registrar for their policy on accepting grades from Cross Registration courses.

Note: Students must be matriculated in a degree program at their home institution to be eligible for Cross Registration.  Students are limited to cross registering for half or less of their course load in a given term.  Summer eligibility is based on status of the previous term.  Cross registration is not available for faculty and staff except on an audit bases (unless they are enrolled in a degree program at a GC3 institution).  For more information, visit the GC3 website.