Skip to main content
Northern Kentucky University provides a free checking account service to qualified organizations of students, faculty, and staff. Organizations (such as fraternities, sororities, student clubs) can obtain an account to be used to deposit funds (through the Student Account Services Office) and write checks (through accounts payable) by completing the general agency application and the signature authorization form, along with the agency terms agreement.

General Agency Application Form Instructions
Printable Agency Terms Agreement
Printable General Agency Application Form
Signature Authorization Form Instructions
Printable Signature Authorization Form
Student Account Services Operations Agency/Department Transmittal Form
Qualifying organizations will be assigned an account number for coding deposits and Requests for Parked Vendor Invoices.There is no charge to the organization for the deposit and withdrawal services, nor for the record-keeping services.The organization must adopt a name which is neither the same as nor deceptively similar to the name of an existing registered student organization, the university or any division or department thereof.  Organizations cannot adopt a name which includes Northern Kentucky University. Nor shall student organizations needing off-campus checking accounts include Northern Kentucky University as part of their name.

Agencies that pay individuals for services are responsible for any necessary 1099 reporting to the IRS. Agency account holders may not use Northern Kentucky University's federal ID number or tax exempt number.

Agencies may not use the university's departmental Procurement card for any purposes.

The organization must be non-profit. It may not use its position as a registered organization to solicit or advertise for commercial purposes. A student organization may not be utilized as a vehicle for personal financial gain for any members or advisors.

Membership in student organizations shall be limited to NKU students.

Accounts that carry a zero balance and remain inactive for one year will be closed automatically. Proper documentation must be filed again in order to "re-open" an account that has been closed.

A new signature authorization form must be completed each time an authorized signer is changed.