Whether an emergency is weather related, workplace violence, or a fire, appropriate actions must be taken to ensure that administrative procedures are followed to protect the facility.
After a Workplace Injury or Illness
If an individual is injured or becomes ill due to the workplace environment, follow these procedures:
- Ensure that the individual has received appropriate medical care.
- Notify the individual’s immediate supervisor of the injury/illness and the surrounding events.
- Ensure that Worker’s Comp forms are completed documenting the injury or illness as soon as possible. Contact Human Resources at (859) 572-5200. If Human Resources is unavailable, or if it is after hours and it cannot wait, call 1-800-440-6285.
Damage to your Building
If your building has received damage during an emergency, you should take the following actions:
- Notify Operations and Maintenance at (859) 572-5660 or (859) 572-5548 of any facility repairs requiring immediate action.
- Notify University Police of the damage and assist them in recording and documenting the damage.