The centralized database connecting Northern Kentucky University students and graduates with the employers who hope to hire them. HireNKU is used to post internship/co-op and full-time, degree-required positions; to schedule on-campus interviews; to manage career fair/event registrations; and to facilitate interaction between employers and candidates.
HireNKU: new and improved!
HireNKU was upgraded to a new platform in June 2018. You'll see changes to the look and functionality of the system. Here are a few of the enhancements:
- New, updated look
- Easier to use
- Mobile-friendly for phones and tablets
- Scorecard: helps you maximize the system
- Career Tracker: manage your tasks and deadlines
- More search options for jobs & employers
- Expanded profile
- Includes clubs, honors, leadership
- Add skills, languages, certifications
- Customize communication preferences
Explore each tab in HireNKU to ensure you maximize your usage:
- My Profile: Complete each section so employers can contact you for positions that may be a good fit.
- Add/manage your co-op/internship records
- Access "My Scorecard" to ensure you're maximizing your account
- Upload Resumes (and Cover Letters)
- Update your communication preferences
- Co-op/Inernship/Job Search: Find available co-op/internship and full-time positions. Apply right away or add them to your "Hotlist" to apply later.
- Events: See a full list of upcoming career fairs, information sessions, networking events, and Career Services workshops.
- Interviews: View the upcoming on-campus interviews and manage your ResumeDrops (applications), Invitations, and Scheduled Interviews.
- Companies: Access our 4,000+ companies/organizations; search by company name, industry, and location. You can also view recruiters' information so you can follow up regarding your applications, available positions, career fairs, etc.
- Activity Calendar: See a calendar of upcoming events.
- Document Library: Find helpful resources, such as Career Guides on a variety of topics.
- Report a Hire: Use this section to let us know when you get the job!
- Career Tracker: This feature helps you keep track of the jobs and interviews on your Hotlist so you don't miss a deadline. You can also add custom tasks (such as "Send follow up email to Jane Doe") to keep yourself on track.