Skip to main content

Room Change Requests

Door with door decorations

Room change requests are available on the Housing Portal. Please read the following information carefully.

**Please note that all room change requests are suspended for the 2020-2021 academic year due to COVID-19**

The room change request form opens to all residential students after the first 3 weeks of each semester. We are unable to accept room change requests prior to that time.

Once the form is complete, the student requesting a room change will need to meet with their Residence Life Coordinator or Assistant Residence Life Coordinator to discuss the move. The Residence Life Coordinator or the Assistant Residence Life Coordinator will send a recommendation to the Housing Assignment Coordinator for further review. After review, the student will be notified of the decision. Denials for room change requests should be addressed first to the Residence Life Coordinator or Assistant Residence Life Coordinator.

Moves will only occur on weekends and after current residents have received 48-hour notice.

It can take up to a week for a student bill to be adjusted. A student's housing rate is prorated based on the move date. If a student stays in the same rate code, then they will see no change to their student bill (or offsetting charges and credits). Students who move to a more expensive housing option will see an increase to their student bill and students who move to a less expensive option may see a decrease to their student bill. If you have questions about how your student bill was calculated, please reach out to the Housing team in Norse Commons.

Request a Room Change