The Spinks Estate Records consist of real estate titles, deeds and other accompanying documentation from the James Taylor Estate of Newport, Kentucky (eventually became part of Bellevue, Kentucky). These materials were originally housed in cardboard tie envelopes. Items in this collection also include a meeting minute book and a List of Property ledger book.
The meeting minutes from the Board of Directors for the Newport Sand Bank Company were from 1927 to 1957, including the Articles of Incorporation. Even though the company was founded in the late 1900's, these are the minutes of the first stockholders meeting for this company (September 12, 1927). These minutes also show purchases of H.C. Spinks Estate lots beginning in 1927. There are no meeting minutes recorded between the years 1934 and 1941.
The List of Property ledger book contains information about lots sold. Pages list lot number, location, size of lot, who bought the property, what year it was sold and the purchase price. The majority of the properties listed are in Campbell County.
General James Taylor was a prominent resident of Newport. He divided his Bellevue tracts of land between his three daughters and one son. In the early 1900's, the Newport Sand Bank Company sold many of the lands of the James Taylor Estate to Harry C. Spinks and his heirs. Laura Spinks, a stockholder and Director for the Newport Sand Bank Company, then acquired the Harry C. Spinks Estate in 1927 (Harry was deceased by this time). In late 1941, early 1942, Edward J. Klocke, became the Administrator of the Harry C. Spinks Estate. Most of the real estate property was sold when the Newport Sand Bank Company dissolved in October 1957.
These estate records compliment the collection: Spinks Business Records, M1990-0905